Hardwoods are excellent for burning. They are very dense, so they burn longer and hotter than many softwoods. Each hardwood tree species is unique. The scent of the hardwood, the amount of heat produced, the burn time, and the nature of the flame produced are all individual to each species. With this in mind, here are some of the best species for burning:
Hardwoods for Burning
- Maple – This hardwood produces a very strong flame and a lot of heat, while supplying a sweet scent. It is ideal for wood stove burning or fireplace burning.
- Beech – An excellent wood for burning, beech is known for its steady flame and its heat output. It must be cured to burn well.
- Yellow Birch – One of the best qualities of yellow birch is that it can burn when green. It produces good heat output.
- Cherry – When fully seasoned, cherry is an excellent, slow-burning wood that has solid heat production. It also has a pleasing scent.
- Oak – Seasoned well, this hardwood burns quite slowly and produces a smaller flame than many kinds of wood. It is ideal for burning over a longer period because of this quality.
Your Best Local Source for Hardwood Firewood
At Timberlane Tree Service, we stock each of these hardwood species as dried and bagged firewood, ready for burning. We have been selling firewood since 1993. We are the only company in the area who offers firewood separated by species, and we package our firewood bagged and free from debris. Our firewood is the best in the area, and it can be delivered directly to your door.
Call us today at 1-888-718-8733 to order quality firewood in Ontario from Timberlane Tree Service.