Trees are valuable in a number of ways, but they have huge benefits as part of any landscape. Read on to learn how trees improve property value and protect a home or business.
1. Shade – During hot days, trees can keep your property cool and help save on energy bills. If you enjoy the outdoors, have children who like to play in the yard, or set up employee lunch tables outside your business, shade makes the environment much more comfortable during high temperatures.
2. Beautification – Trees make any property more beautiful, especially if they’re regularly pruned and trimmed. They also provide privacy, absorb sound, hide unsightly views, and protect your building from high winds.
3. Increase property value – One or more beautiful trees increase the value of a home and improve resale asking prices. A tree-lined neighbourhood is desirable for many homeowners, and protects parked vehicles from the effects of the sun.
4. Prevent soil erosion – Trees protect soil from eroding when heavy rains arrive, or winter snow melts. Their roots hold the soil in place, preventing damage to nearby property and gardens.
5. Resources – The branches from a trimmed tree can be saved for wintertime fireplace kindling. Fruit trees are an endless summertime resource, providing a bounty for canning, preserving, pie baking, and other warm weather delicacies. And, if you’re not a cook, many local organizations will come and pick your fruit for free to provide food for shelters and soup kitchens.
With all the benefits of having trees on a property, consider having one planted this spring or fall! Timberlane Tree Service can handle all your tree needs, and safely maintain them for your home or business. Call us at in Newmarket at (905) 778-9438 or (416) 878-2108 for Toronto assistance.