We have been selling firewood in Aurora, Newmarket, Thornhill, Richmond Hill and Toronto since 1993 when Timberlane Tree Service first started. Until recently the firewood portion of our business has been an add-on to our main line work of tree removal and pruning. The amount and type (species) of our wood was based on the tree removal business, and would change from year to year. Often we were sold out by Christmas and our clients would have to look elsewhere if they ran out.
In 2011 we enhanced our firewood business with significant investment in industrial firewood processing equipment. We have a 7 acre yard dedicated to the storage and drying of the wood. We now purchase tractor trailer loads of logs to ensure we have a good selection of properly seasoned wood year-round for our customers.
Beware of those who sell cheap firewood. Honestly – you get what you pay for. Cheap firewood is usually cheap for one reason – it is inferior wood. Most likely it is a softwood or perhaps it hasn’t dried long enough to burn efficiently. The last thing you want is a load of wood that burns twice as fast as a good hardwood, or on the other hand, wood that is too green to burn and just smolders. Inferior wood that doesn’t burn properly is not only a waste of money but it is DANGEROUS and can cause chimney fires!
Wood from the north is superior to local wood as it has a shorter growing season and is therefore more dense. Our wood is selectively harvested and delivered from the Haliburton Highlands area. We bring in only hardwoods consisting of maple, beech, yellow birch, cherry, and oak. They are then sorted by species for processing. Offering wood by species is a Timberlane exclusive , you won’t find anyone else in the area who does this.
Our wood is split and air-dried a minimum of 12 months prior to delivery. It is cut and split on our firewood processor, then conveyed straight into clean ventilated bags for curing. (Not into a big pile which doesn’t dry properly). Wood is sorted by species so if you request oak – you get oak. We use no softwood except for fire starter wood (kindling) which is in its own bag and sold as softwood.
We offer several types of order sizes which you can pick and choose from, or combine to suit your needs.
- “Bulk Bags” carry the equivalent of a face cord of wood, which comes in 12-14″ lengths.
- “Backyard Burner” bags, which hold about a quarter of a face cord, are also available in reusable bags.
- Bushcords consisting of 16″ length lengths and delivered as a tipped load in your driveway.
- Small bags of kindling for fire starting, softwood or sawmill slabs.
- Small bags of hardwood.
Bulk bag firewood delivery is an exciting new concept we have available to you. This is a new concept for soil and aggregate delivery – but has not spread to the delivery of firewood, at least in the Greater Toronto Area – until now, from Timberlane. Bulk bag firewood will quickly evolve into the only true way to buy firewood neatly and accurately measured. Benefits of bulk bags include:
- No dirt, wood chips, or debris in the bag
- Neat, tidy, delivered curbside or next to your garage
- Don’t have to immediately move and stack the wood piled in your driveway as with typical deliveries
- You don’t have to move wood all – you can leave it in the bag and just take out what you need as you need it
- Reusable vented bags
- Wood dries better in the bag than in a big pile
- Know exactly how much wood you get, unlike a pile dumped in your driveway which you may be short-changed on